http://readyforlife.ca/find-a-centre-search-results/?locationcategory=new-brunswick Everyone loves hosting a BBQ in the summer and burgers are always a great go-to, but can sometimes be monotonous. What if we told you there’s a veggie burger recipe that is so good even an omnivore will love it? Now we have your attention! At most cookouts the veggie burger options come frozen and are often dry and lacking flavor, which gives this vegetarian delight and bad reputation. For your next BBQ, try this recipe and you are sure to impress even the die-hard meat eaters!
buy accutane forum Ingredients:
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ½ Tbsp. melted ghee or avocado oil, plus more for cooking
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- 3 cups of thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ cups cooked black beans, well rinsed, drained and patted dry
- ¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
buy cialis online free shipping Total time: ~ 30 minutes
- First start with toasting the walnuts. Heat your skillet over medium heat and add nuts for about 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Once fragrant, let them cool on a plate and add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Toss walnuts with spices and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add oil, onions, mushrooms, and shallots with salt and pepper. Saute until translucent and set aside.
- Then in a large mixing bowl, mash black beans with a fork and add cooked rice, toasted walnuts, onions, mushrooms, shallots, bread crumbs, BBQ sauce, salt, and pepper. Combine with a wooden spoon until the consistently is thick enough to mold the burgers. Note: since it’s not raw meat, feel free to taste the mixture to see if it needs any extra spices!
- Divide the mixture into 5 sections and create burger patties that are about ¾ inch thick and place on a plate to get ready for the grill.
- Heat your grill and brush with melted ghee or avocado oil. Once hot, add burgers and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, remove burgers and let cool before serving.
- Enjoy the burgers on a whole grain bun or even bun less on top of a salad!