http://cjsironfence.com/"/zovirax/" On-The-Go Recipe: Fruit & Nut Bar
The start of the New Year comes with new responsibilities and goals. Your schedule is busy, but you still want to stay on track. When pressed for time, it’s easy to buy the most convenient food item. Unfortunately, convenience items may not always be as nutritious. To save you both time and money, we’ve created a quick and healthy breakfast or snack recipe that you can make in advance and take with you on those busy mornings! No more last-minute, overpriced muffins (or should we call them cupcakes?) from the gas station. Meet your new BFF, the on-the-go Fruit & Nut Bar.
my review here Ingredients
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried mangos
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted nuts (such as pecans and almonds), chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking pan with parchment paper or coat with nonstick spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder together in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, dried fruit, and nuts, and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with vanilla until frothy and thick, about 2 minutes. Stir egg into flour mixture until evenly mixed. Spread mixture into prepared pan, using a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Enjoy!
Adapted from: http://greatist.com/eat/recipes/fruit-and-nut-bars